Another update I thought I'd share: SEWING!
At the Redlight vintage shop here in Seattle, I found a gorgeous ama michiyuki. Or rain coat for a kimono. They also had a bright paisley kappogi apron. Yep, I got them. I splurged a little on the jacket. They tend to jack their prices up a little, but I did manage to get the guy to go down 10%. One of the sleeves was coming un-sewn.
Sew Kappogi-Chef's apron
I thought, now that I have an apron, I can use it as a template! I found an old sheet and got to work. I made a pattern using tracing paper and measured the whole thing out. It took a couple of hours, (I get distracted easily) but its done. I even added a little accent trim to the collar and the pocket.
Remake a mofuku obi.
I found some videos on YouTube that show how to make those tsumami kanzashi out f fabric. Granted, I've never done this before, so they look a little weird, but I'm still pleased. I then sewed the obi into a Nagoya, and added the kanzashi to it. I embellished them with some scrap jewelry I had laying around.